Love you forever

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Preschool and Gymnastics

Ryn started preschool today. She set out with her ladybug backpack and lunchbox and was ready to take on the world until she realized what was going on, which didn't take long. She wanted me to carry her inside and I wanted her to walk like a big girl, but I told myself that she needed me and pretty soon she wouldn't want me to carry her, so I conceded. When we got to her room we worked on a puzzle together and I tried to say good-bye. She became upset so I stayed a few more minutes to work another puzzle. She noticed I was trying not to cry and this only made it worse. She started crying again and Ms. Nicole, one of her teachers, was kind enough to hold her when I left. I cried all the way to the car and had to call my mom for comfort. Mom was good about reassuring me and I felt better by the time I got to work, but barely held it together when everyone asked me how things went. I thought about her all day and couldn't wait to pick her up from daycare. Ms. Sherrie said the teachers told her that they had tried to do a craft with Ryn that involved her hand being dipped in paint. Ryn would have no part of it. This doesn't surprise me AT ALL. She is a very neat child that doesn't like things to be on her hands. Other than that, I think things went okay for her first day. We went for ice cream this afternoon to celebrate. She is zonked out right now, no trouble going to sleep at all! She did a little better at gymnastics last night. She was a little more cooperative during stretching and center rotations. She enjoyed the balance beam again and was willing to try it with holding only one of her hands. Each child had three to four turns on the trampoline and by the last time she went halfway out by herself and turned around and grinned at us. She is such a stinker! I could tell after we left that she had a twinkle in her eye. She knew she had done better this week and was proud of herself. She is growing up too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment